What is IRiS?
IRiS was established 2011 as a pilot project delivered in Bristol which comprised of a team of professionals from different key partner agencies. We consist of:
- Probation Officers
- Police Officers
- A Mental Health Nurse
- Offender supervisors based at HMP Bristol
- Psychologists specialising in personality disorders
- To put victims at the heart of the work we do
- To be open, honest and trustworthy
- To help people take positive steps to change and reach their potential
- To build and maintain solid working
- Make sure victims voices are heard
- To work together to identify, assess and manage people we work with who pose a high risk of causing serious harm
- Take positive steps to enable those we work with to reduce their risk of causing serious harm and help them make positive changes.
- To make a difference by improving our approaches to the way we work.
Who we work with
People who are high risk of causing serious harm to the public or their previous victims.
What we do to help
- We work with offenders with a Community Order or Licence from prison as well as those who are not supervised or working with Probation.
- Working together we encourage and support offenders to make positive steps to positive change.
- We help protect the public or those at risk from harm by sharing information.
- If there’s any concern about risk we ensure that swift action is taken.
Our Pathways and Specialisms
We work together to make sure the right help and intervention is available to everyone we work with and the following pathways and specialisms support the variety of needs offenders may have.
- Children and Families
- Finance, Benefit and Debt
- Mental and Physical Health
- Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviour
- Education, Training and Employment
- Domestic abuse
- Domestic extremism
- Sexual offending
- Criminal groups
- Serious Organised Crime
Pathways Provider Map
Enter your details below to find the nearest Pathway provider
search for pathway providers
Use the options below to search
08 March 2017
With the arrival of the third series of Broadchurch on ITV featuring a serious sexual assa...read more
23 January 2017
Horses Helping People with Depression and Anxiety and Horse Sense for Life CIC are running...read more
18 January 2017
New courses now available at the Albemarle Centre. These include computer skills, CV writi...read more